Sunday, April 10, 2011

Miss Independent...

"Ooh it's somethin' about
Just somethin' about the way she move
I can't figure it out
It's somethin' about her...
Ooh it's somethin' about
The kinda woman that WANT you
But don't NEED you
Hey I can't figure it out
It's somethin' about her...
Cause she walk like a BOSS
Talk like a BOSS
Manicured nails to set the pedicure off
She's fly EFFORTLESSLY
And she move like a BOSS
Do what a BOSS do
She got me thinkin' about getting involved
That's the kinda girl I need...
She got her own thing
That's why I love her
Miss Independent won't you come
And spend a little time?
She got her own thing
That's why I love her
Miss Independent ooh the way you shine
Miss Independent..."

          

This week has been NUTS....but in very good ways...
I'm gearing up towards final exams, and I feel confident and in control. Things at work are on point, and the weather's been allowing me to run a few times a week again. Here in SL, things with the **UNITED** event couldn't be better, and Project FUR Japan is turning out to be an incredible success. Things with my hubby Tairo are greater than ever (love you babe), and words can't adequately express how fulfilling publishing "MATERIAL GIRL" has been. Thank you so much to all the designers and content creators that have been gifting me and showing me LOVE. Things will be calmer in the upcoming weeks, and I promise to get to you all =) It's no secret that one of my passions is styling; and right now I'm going through a SPRING CLEANING process. Over 60,000 inventory items are too many for me, so some things have got to go. But isn't it fun remembering all the pieces that you've LOVED over the years? Items you've forgotten about; things you can't live without. I've put together SEVEN Spring looks, NONE of which consist of new pieces. Because while new is great, CLASSICS are SPECIAL. There are so many layers to us as INDEPENDENT women, and I think ALL of our inventories reflect that. Do you own any of these timeless pieces? Can you find the woman that YOU are in any of my looks...? Shall we begin?

"The WORK&PLAYER"
She works hard and plays HARDER, never forgetting that dressing for work can STILL be fun. Tailored pieces and sharp accessories can take you from the office to after work cocktails. A fedora always looks smart, and don't forget a STATEMENT bag...
Skin: Customed SAVY with Blonde Pixie Cut by Tairo Parkin of CHANGING FACEZ & SaVy SKINS
(Skin will remain the same throughout post)
Shape: Custom by SaVoy Nightfire of G E T  M E  B O D I E D (Coming Soon)
(Shape will remain the same throughout post)
Nails: SINRA in Venus Gold by [MANDALA]
(Nails will remain the same throughout post)
And presenting for the first time @ MATERIAL GIRL
Atauro: Train-A-Pet Monkey by Zooby's (He thinks he's a supermodel)
Trench Coat Top: From Giada in Khaki by *Luster (Old school-unsure of availability)
Shorts: High Waist Grey Jean Shorties by Willow
Belt: QUIMBAYA in Brown by [LeLutka]
Hat: Hombburg in Chidori by Apollon
Earrings: Zebra Feathers by [glow] Studio
Scarf: Cosmocaviar by Frozen Turquoise Valentine
Socks: Touristmo Argyle by CHANTKARE
Bag: The Gainsbourg by null (Old school-unsure of availability)
Bangle: #301 in Black and Zebra by *kraftika
Boots: Shearling in Smoke by Maitreya Gold
"The GOLD-DIGGER"
Not the one Kanye was talking about, but the one that knows that GOLD is a key color for spring/summer. A sexy, glitzy mini-dress is deconstructed and made more wearable with a cropped leather studded jacket. Bold jewelry keeps the eye moving and adds visual interest...
Hair: XXX777 in Blonde by *booN
Sunglasses: Bambi in White by Chapeau Tres Mignon
Jacket: MISSIELING in Mostarda by RICIELLI
Dress: Noemie Ansamble in Nude by {Meghindo's}
Belt: MI VIDA in Brown by [LeLutka]
Earring: The Abyss by [glow] Studio
Bracelets: SINRA in Vintage Gold by [MANDALA]
Necklace: Siamese Twins in White by LaGyo
Bag: Vintage Clutch in Light Gold by [glow] Studio
Shoes: Snakeskin Heels in Gold by [AMG BOUDOIR]
"The SEXY JOCK"
"Material Girls" look their best at ALL times...the gym included. Athletic gear can definitely be sexy; even the most discerning fashionista has great workout clothes and killer tennis shoes. Classic striped shorts and knee socks look great while you work up a sweat...
Hair: Pretty Boy in Blonde Tones by (VW) (Rebranded as EPOQUE) (No longer available)
Shirt: Wonky Top in Deep Red by FuK'N'HawT
Shorts: Wei in Blue by *BOOM*
Hoodie: Hooded Parka in Dark Red by *COCO*
Hat: Ladyz Era Cap 2 Skulls by DEF!
Bra: From The Hotness Bikini in Lucky by *Linc*
Necklace: GoldDigger Pendant by .::FabulouS::.
Gloves: From the CatzArmor2 Ensemble by >>GothiCatz<<
Earrings: The Bitterness II by [glow] Studio
Bracelet: BRY in Gold by -RYCA-
Socks: Tube Socks in Black and White Stripes (Megapack) by Danny Nolan (Old School-Unsure...)
Shoes: PURE by 2REAL (Thank you 2REAL Okelli for gifting me and showing me LOVE)
"The INDIE GIRL"
Being an individual NEVER goes out of style. Mixing colors and metals, textures and fabrics help you stand out from the crowd. Dipping in and out of cafe's and hitting flea markets and vintage shops are part of an "Indie Girl's" routine...
Hair: ECLAT Bangs in Fair Blonde by [LeLutka]
Earrings: Milky Way in Samurai Blue by [MANDALA]
Top: Purple Hoodie by Frozen Turquoise Valentine
Skirt: B-Zip # Citrus by Emery
Bra: Candy Blue by *Fishy Strawberry*
Leggings: Taboo in SeeMySoul by OSAKKI (Thank you Kay for gifting me and showing me LOVE)
Belt: Wide Waist Belt in Olive by fri.day
Gloves: Duct Tape by ::HD::
Necklace (Short): Niama by [Armidi Gisaci]
Necklace (Long): Feather Necklace in Grey by {SMS}
Bangle: TAKARA in Buddha Silver by [MANDALA]
Sunglasses: CN-2-SILVER by -RYCA-
Bag: The Ireben Carry All Color Change by Indy&Co
Boots: Edgy Boots in Cream by House Of Fox (Thank you Fashionboi for gifting me and showing me LOVE)
"The POLISHED ROCKER"
Still a BADASS...just all grown-up. Fitted high-waisted leather pants will NEVER go out of style, and are perfect for chilly spring evenings. A feminine, edgy printed blouse and an oversized clutch add sophistication to your concert look...
Top: From the Diva Jacketsuit (Spring) by !Modern Gypsy! (Old School-Unsure of Availability)
Pants: Rockin' Pants in Black by [LeLutka]
Necklace 1: Circle Dream in Gold by *REDGRAVE*
Necklace 2: LIC Long Gold Chain by -RYCA-
LC Clutch in Red by [ICoN] (Old School-Unsure of Availability)
Bangle: Dian B in Gold by =DeLa*=
Gloves: Leather Higher by MadeForYou
Earrings: Studded Gold Circles by Paper Couture
Basic Ankle Boots in Black Patent by Mentine
"The UPTOWN GIRL"
Posh. Refined. Sophisticated. A simple yet bold structural dress anchors this look, while STUNNING statement jewelry adorn the neck and wrists. A modern hat adds a playful twist, reminding onlookers that you're still approachable and don't take yourself TOO seriously...
Dress: Zhia in Purple by Roule
   Hat: Beret Tropez in Sea by Emery
Necklace and Bracelets: From The Mistress Set by $GaNKeD$ (Thank you Misti for gifting me and
showing me LOVE)
Earrings: Oversized Enamel Loops by Paper Couture
Shoes: Foxy Slingback in Python by Stiletto Moody
"The URBANISTA"
 Houndstooth. Gold finishes. Lace. Crocodile leather... things that make my heart SWOON. Pieces that don't seem to fit together, but when paired in the right context-look like matches made in heaven. An "Urbanista" is all about high fashion, but on HER terms. She doesn't follow the trends...she SETS THEM...

Jacket: FASHION MONSTER by [MODERN GYPSY] (Unsure of Availability)
Top: Cotton Stripes in Cian by BAIASTICE
Bodysuit: From the Elanor Ensemble by -Glam Affair-
Gloves: Fingerless Fishnet  by Snatch
Necklace: VN BLack and Gold by [IcoN]
Boots: ILLEID in Black by [LeLutka]
Bag: Crocodile Black 2009 by BAIASTICE (Old Collection-Unsure of Availability)
Belt: Waist Belt in Black by Emery
Bracelet: Cuspidis Bangle in Gold by LaGyo
Ladies: ALWAYS stay MATERIAL,
<3, SaV.

  Note: I NEVER edit garments in post-processing...what you see is ALWAYS what you will get...

7 comments:

  1. I love this! I keep going back and forth between the Indy, Rocker, and Urbanista girls. Im telling you girl NOBODY puts outfits together like you do. This is my favorite blog post of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I want I want!! This is awesome love the bright colors : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. that first look is incredible!
    and I have that dress from roule, you make me want to wear it again LOL
    I love them alllll!! <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Jenn thank you=)I love to style, it's definitely one of my passions both sl & rl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you D.D=)I'm definitely not afraid of color that's for sure lolol=)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Genie=) Yes I love Roule so much, but I tried to find it yesterday and I couldn't find the store anymore =/ Do you know if it's moved?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a styling GENIUS! Just the best fashion blog on the grid, seriously!!!! I love the worker/player girl fit - OMG....awesome. You know you're my secret mentor, girl! ;))

    <3 Pao

    ReplyDelete