Tuesday, March 8, 2011

American Woman...

"American woman
Stay away from me
American woman
Mama let me be
Don't come hangin' around my door
I don't wanna see your face no more
I got more important thangs to do
Than spend my time growin' old with you
Now woman
I said stay away
American woman
Listen what I say...
American woman
Get away from me
American woman
Mama let me be
Don't come knockin' around my door
Don't wanna see your shadow no more
Colored lights can hypnotize
Sparkle someone else's eyes..."

                       

I'm not a very "trendy" person. It's never been of much importance to me what anybody else is wearing or how they wear it. I prefer classic, timeless garments that never go out of style. I'm all about building a wardrobe arsenol filled with high-quality, unique staple pieces that are strong both independently and cohesively amongst the other items in my closet. While everyone still seems to be caught up in the "skinny jeggings" craze, I've been enjoying wide leg jeans and trousers as we move into Spring. The ones I'm wearing today are perhaps my absolute favorite in SL thus far. While my others from Blaze, LeLutka and Frozen Turquoise Valentine are nice, these brand new ones from FAB PONY are exactly what I've been waiting for. 70's inspired and high-waisted; they're available in several different washes and affordably priced.

For me, transitioning into Spring also means a fresher, lighter color palette. And some of my favorite designers obviously feel the same as I do, since there are so many beautiful new releases indicative of that line of thinking. Azure Electricteeth launched her highly anticipated new line -La Viere- over the weekend, and it's overflowing with the most delicate, feminine, colorful looks you've ever seen. The blouse I'm wearing is part of her first drop, and can be worn with or without the flirty hem ruffle and cap sleeves. The ever popular {mon tissu} recently added to their brand with fresh, lovely pieces that are perfect for spring. This shrug is highly detailed and versatile; you'll want to throw it on over your favorite tank for a casual look as well as a sexy mini-dress to add polish.
And it's not often that I rave about a skin that wasn't made by my husband Tairo (I love you baby=), but when even HE comments on how amazing someone else's work is, I know it's blogworthy. This skin is brand new from Tuli called "Tanya" and it's one of the loveliest I've seen as of late. The features are delicate, the body is shaded immaculately, and the eyeshadow, lip and cleavage options are plentiful. The hair is limited edition by Exile for the Garden City Relief event, all proceeds being donated to The New Zealand Red Cross. Appropriately named "Hope", it's beautifully textured and frames the face to perfection. Lastly, the shoes are from [bellballs] , currently one of my absolute favorite brands. I want to take a moment to thank Viollette Vyper, mastermind behind the brand, for showing me so much love and inviting me to her super-exclusive OFFICIAL BLOGGERS LIST. Thank you so much V. for your kind words, support and showing me LOVE. I will ALWAYS sing your praises and be in your corner...
Skin: Tanya in Sunkissed, Halo Eye Makeup&Ruin Lips by [:T:] (Tuli) NEW!
Shape: Custom by SaVoyNightfire Dash of SaVy SHAPES (Coming This Spring!)
Hair: Hope in Fall (Limited Edition) by EXILE NEW!
Blouse: Vneck Crepe Blouse in Brown by -LaViere- NEW!
Shrug: Loire Knit Shrug in Beige by {mon tissu} NEW!
Jeans: Chloe in True Blue by FAB.PONY NEW!
Belt: Low Waist Leather Belt in Sand/Gold by [chuculet]
Necklace: Lobster Clasp Necklace by (Yummy) NEW!
Ring: Diamonds and Pearl Ring by Paper Couture
Nails: Sculpted Nails V2  Platinum Edition by [PM]
Shoes: Dangerously Studded Heels in Peach by [bellballs] NEW!
Glasses: Mom Glasses in Classic Tortoise by Nylon Outfitters
Earrings: CEL in GOLD by  -RYCA-
Bangles: Sun Gold Bangles by *Lixena Marcus*
Bag: HellaPhat Purse by RachelBReaker
Mood: "American Woman" as performed by The Guess Who: 1970

Ladies: ALWAYS stay MATERIAL,
<3, SaV.

  Note: I NEVER edit garments in post-processing...what you see is ALWAYS what you will get...


8 comments:

  1. LOVVVVEEE IT ;)))
    *muuaaahh*

    ~Paola (Trizomu)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog and styling so much! I check for new posts everday and look forward to trying new stores you write about. I think you are just so pretty. My fav fashion blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im getting it all top to bottom lmaooo
    Im going broke because of your blog <3<3
    You look so fly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beauty---*DROOLING*
    I want your shape!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mwahhhh Paola=)=)=) Thank you chica I MISSED YOU=)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Genie thank you so much!=) You made me blush girl lolol Glad you're enjoying the blog=)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Jennifer=) I'm thinking about doing an entire "freebie" post in the near future=)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww thank you Penelope=) I'll have shapes out and be offering custom services sometime this Spring...I'm waiting until my semester wraps up to really dive into it.

    ReplyDelete