Friday, July 15, 2011

Twisted...

"Everything about you I'm cravin' oh baby
I'm savin' my love for you...
When I see you I get
So excited my light just ignites
When I'm here with you...
Cause when night turns to day
When I'm seeing your face
All my troubles just go away...
It's the things that you do
When you do it...
Boy you've got me so...
Boy you got me
All twisted twisted up
Boy listen up
You got me thinkin'
I just might miss
Might miss the bus
Boy twisted up...
Boy you've got me
All twisted twisted up
Boy listen up...
All I know is that
I'm in the zone
And I'm writin' this song for you..."



It was recently brought to my attention, that my first person narrative has been missing from my posts as of late. This has been because my RL has been half past hectic (I put in my two weeks at my original job over a month ago, but in an attempt to keep me on board my boss damn near DOUBLED my salary, so I've been working two jobs simultaneously while carrying 5credit hours this summer =/) and I'm lucky to have the time to shop and shoot, let alone ramble on about how I feel about certain pieces and designers, most of which I'd suspect majority of readers scroll straight past anyway. Was that a run-on sentence? Yes probably, but I'm going to push my grammer natzi-ism aside and continue on. So today, I am preparing for a quick weekend trip to Vegas, and I have a few moments to babble about some of my current obsessions that I've collected this week...
So let's take it from the top to the bottom...
The hair is simple and chic at it's finest. The styles from Nylon Outfitters have been amazing for as long as I can remember, and this messy bun and slicked tattoo base is no exception...
My scarf is from TokiDoki, and it surprises me how many people haven't been there before. Everything has a soft, sort of aged feel to it. The scarves and other accessories are quaint and sort of whimsical, like I discovered them in my Grandmother's closet...
The jumpsuit is EPOQUE; part of the brand spanking new Schlie Blich collection. Everything is edgy with a sort of futuristic feel to it, but today I styled this particular piece in a more ready-to-wear, casual way. It's versatile and well-made, just like everything else Vintage McMillain designs...
The vest, in my opinion, is the star of the show. It's part of the most recent AOHARU drop and the styling possibilities with this piece are endless. I think it would look killer paired with a formal gown, and you'll probably see me rock it that way sometime in the near future. AOHARU always delivers garments that have a classic, timeless appeal....
 I'm carrying the Boni Bag from Bare Rose Haute. I was talking to June, the designer of Bare Rose the other day, complimenting her on her amazing textures. The bag looks vintage and expensive, but as we've all come to expect and adore about June's work, it's available at a more than affordable price point...
The shoes are the RIVEA'S from MStyle...and if you haven't grabbed them yet, you're missing out on the IT pumps of the summer. These patent leather babies will pop the sh*t out of anything you wear (pardon my language but shoes make me emotional) and elevate a simple pair of jeans and a tank into the stratosphere of high fashion. Mikee: you're a GENIUS babe =)
Skin...Jadis...-Glam Affair-
Shape...Custom...G E T  M E  B O D I E D (Coming Soon)
Hair...Banged Slick with Messy Bun... (NO)
Jumpsuit...Pilot in Navy...EPOQUE Schlie Bliche
Vest...Scarf Vest in Leo...AOHARU
Scarf...Soft Scarf in Mustard...TokiDoki
Bag...Boni in Brown...BareRose Haute (Many thanks June)
Bra...Spider Leopard...Sweetest Goodbye
Bangle...Fine Wood... .+*AA*+.
Necklace...Heart...IcoN
Shoes...RIVEA in Rosso...MStyle (Many thanks Mikee)
Vibe..."Twisted" by Christina Milian...
Ladies: ALWAYS stay MATERIAL,
<3, SaV.

  Note: I NEVER edit garments in post-processing...what you see is ALWAYS what you will get...

4 comments:

  1. The styling is amazing! You are amazing too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love it when you add your commentary, your knowledge of fashion and designers separates you from other fashion bloggers by lengths of miles. I adore you in the Jadis skin, you look stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Miranda, and you're right I do need to take the time to write more...it's definitely something that I'll work on doing in the future...thanks girl =)

    ReplyDelete