Monday, August 1, 2011

Fly Solo...

"I had a dream that
The whole world was staring at me
I woke up and wasn't no one there...
Wasn't no one there...
Yeah...
Same song to a different beat
It's really sometimes I feel like
I'm the only one here...
I guess nobody cares...
Hey...
But everything's good til it goes bad
And you will tell all the people
About the fun you USED to have
It hurts when it don't last
No easy way sayin' bye
So I'ma spread my wings
Head for the sky
And I...fly solo
And I...fly solo
And I...fly solo
And I...fly solo
And I..."

                           
I've never been much of a "social butterfly" here in Second Life; I admit to being slightly insulated and reclusive at times. For me to show up at a party or an event not related to something that I'm working on is growing more and more rare, therefore it's difficult for me to make new friends. So my newfound friendship with up and coming designer Fiasca Blaukempt is truly treasured, and I'm proud to act as a platform showcasing some of her new work. We all know that I'm a sucker for a lovely animal print, and her zebra "Harlem" pants immediately caught my eye; the high-waist makes my already mile-long legs appear longer. But what I feel will be the stars of her first collection are her AMAZING earrings. I love how bold, yet light and airy these are. I wore them with an evening gown yesterday to the Miss Ebony International finale show, and 4 different ladies IM'd me with compliments and inquiries. I'm teasing you with only a couple of her pieces today but I PROMISE to show you more in the near future.
 She's definitely a bright, young talent with infinite promise, and I'm proud to call her my FRIEND...
Thank you Fia for gifting me and showing the blog LOVE...
Visit "F i a s c a & CO." @ the marketplace HERE
Skin...KeeT... ::DT::
Shape...CUSTOM...G E T  M E  B O D I E D: Currently accepting custom shape requests, contact SaVoy Nightfire/SaVoyNightfire Dash in-world...
Hair...CCV788 in Red...booN
Top...PAOLA in Yellow...RICIELLI (Many thanks Fhara & RICIELLI Staff)
Pants...Harlem Pants in Zebra...Fiasca & CO.
Earrings...Feathered Ruffle Earrings in Arkid Blue...Fiasca & CO.
Shoes...Lotus Pumps in Light Brown...Baiastice
Bracelet...Milky Way Bangles in Polly White...MANDALA
Bag...Leopard-Beige in Silver...FLESHTONE
Gloves...Assassin...OSAKKI (Many thanks Kay)
Belt 1...Hip Belt... ~Pepper~
Belt 2...Adorable Belt in Tan... +plus
Vibe..."Fly Solo"...Wiz Khalifa
Ladies: ALWAYS stay MATERIAL,
<3, SaV.

  Note: I NEVER edit garments in post-processing...what you see is ALWAYS what you will get...

1 comment: