Sunday, February 20, 2011

Weekend Love...

"I know you haven't heard
My voice all week
But it's not like your girl
Is running the streets
I got bills to pay
And a whole lots on my mind
(I'm not the type of girl)
I'm not the type of girl
To lean on a man
So I'm just working hard
The best that I can
I got a lot to do
I'm tryin' to get that overtime
That's why I only got the weekends
(Weekend Girl)
I can't see you all week
But I really wanna be with you
(And I don't have time on the weekdays)
(Weekend Girl)
I know you thinkin' sometimes
That I'm really not into you
(But maybe we can try to work it out...)

                      

Do you ever feel like there aren't enough hours in the day?
Lately I've been pulled in a million directions at once; I haven't had much time for myself, and I've recently come to the realization that I'm too many things to too many people. A team can't succeed unless it's star player is in tact. And in this particular case, my team's star player is ME. So I've had an epiphany: I HAVE TO COME FIRST. Sounds simple enough but it's something I haven't been living lately. I have to handle MY business before I can help anyone else with theirs. I have to maintain MY health and well-being before I can assist somebody with theirs. You know how on an airplane they tell you to put YOUR oxygen mask on first before aiding another person? Well my mask is on now, hopefully I'll be able to breathe again soon...

My rant won't go unfocused; I do feel it applies to this blogpost. Because growing up, my Mom was always a walking, talking example of this: NEVER LET THEM SEE YOU SWEAT. You can be experiencing turmoil and stress on the inside, and still appear polished and composed to the outside world. This look is demonstrative of that principle. And in my opinion, few things exude polish more effectively in SL than a beautifully made system skirt. I realize a lot of women tend to shy away from them, but you really shouldn't. I plan to offer a small tutorial on system skirt shape adaptation in a future post, so keep your eyes open for that. This one from GATO is nicely constructed with an unexpected print. I chose the top to a sexy minidress in a striking aubergine shade, and threw on my favorite vest from RICIELLI over it. The bag is PERFECTION from Morantique; it's a Birkin-the ultimate RL status symbol brought to SL. The necklace is Morantique as well, and it's flawless. Lastly the hair is from SyDS, one of my favorite hair shops in existence. It's windblown, curly and lush mane is unlike anything else around. Thank you Serenite for showing me LOVE...Visit SyDS HERE...
Skin: CHARLENE by CHANGING FACEZ & SaVy SKINS
Shape: Custom by SaVy SHAPES (coming soon)
Eyeliner: Cateye Bardot by Kyoot
Hair: It's Me in Tea by [!SyDS!] (Thank you Serenite =)
Glasses: Coco Black Disc by GLAMORIZE (shown below)
Top: From the Teyona Dress in Aubergine by >IMANI<
Skirt: From the Office Ensemble by GATO
Vest: SCARLLET in Black Satin by RICIELLI
Stockings: Fishnets by OSAKKI (Thank you Kay=)
Bag: Birkin Bag Without Shoulder Strap by Morantique LUSH
Belt: TROUPE in Natural by MIEL
Earrings: Atlantis Getaway by JCNY
Bangle (RIGHT): DZ Gold by -RYCA-
Bangle (LEFT): No 307 by *kraftika
Nails: Sculpted Nails Platinum Edition Glitter by *[PM]
Necklace: Drastik Spirit by Morantique LUSH
Shoes: Eve Flower Pumps in Chocolate by *GF*
Mood: "Weekend Love" by Amerie

Ladies: ALWAYS stay MATERIAL,
<3, SaV.

  Note: I NEVER edit garments in post-processing...what you see is ALWAYS what you will get...



6 comments:

  1. This is exceptional styling. You look beautiful as always. I didn't see anything like this skirt at Gato. I must check back with them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome outfit!Love your styles

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are really hurting my lindens girl!!! I swear you make everything look so good lol I need this entire fit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, love it! Your accessories are always on point. Think I will be broke soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Miranda...Thank you so much=) And yes, Gato has a wide range of pieces. There's even an upstairs that a lot of people miss...

    @ L. Acoustic...Thank you I appreciate it=)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jennifer...Thank you! lolol And my apologies for hurting your L's, believe me-I can totally relate=)

    @Tierra...Thank you so much=) At the end of the day, it's all about the accessories right? I'd feel naked without any lolol =)

    ReplyDelete