Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Call For Couture...

A pet peeve of mine has always been the misuse of the word COUTURE in second life. I couldn't be happier that there's finally an event that exemplifies precisely what the term truly means. The Call For Couture Festival opened on October 10th, and closes October 31st. It includes an auction and 50% of those sales will be donated to The Samaritans-a 24 hour center devoted to suicide prevention and people in emotional crisis. Each designer participating has created a true COUTURE item to be auctioned off, and a corresponding ready-to-wear item or items available to the public for purchase at the event. The couture item up for auction will be 1 of only 5 copies of the piece in existence in the world.

I couldn't be happier to show you the couture and ready-to-wear garments from OSAKKI, one of my favorite brands in SL. My beautiful friend Kayshia Piers is back after hiatus with both a fresh perspective and new design aesthetic. I asked her about her inspiration behind these pieces and where her head was currently at...this is what she had to say:

[23:54]  Kaysha Piers: Well, I've been really going through alot of darkness lately...with my recent graduation from college I've lost alot of things, friends, people...especially this year I've experienced a death and a loss of love...I've been a little tortured from both.
[23:55]  Kaysha Piers: The mystery of things really has me inspired, just not knowing what will happen next is pretty mindblowing.
[23:56]  Kaysha Piers: Finding a nice medium between that and my love for couture clothing has really got me thinking about new design ideas and new concepts in general :)

OSAKKI [Imports] "Obscure"
Auction Item
Thank you Kayshia!

Skin from CHANGING FACEZ & SaVy SKINS
Hair from !VA!, Earrings from LaGyo, Bracelets from +ROZOREGALIA+

And Kay's ready-to-wear dress is all the things I love. Sexy. Structured. Edgy. The only thing I love more than to see a designer in their prime, is to see a designer that I consider a good friend in their prime. Get em chica...

OSAKKI [Imports] "Bipolar"


Hair from Exile, Glasses from Modern Gypsy, Earrings from LaGyo, Necklace from Glow Studio, Belt from MichaMi, Cuffs from FTV, Gloves from Gothicatz, Tights from SHAMPOO


Zaara Kohime, owner and designer of {Zaara} never disappoints. She's been one of my favorites since I was introduced to her gorgeous pashmina shawls ages ago. Texturely, I'm not sure anyone does it better than she does. She reiterates this with the "Acira" dress, her ready-to-wear offering at CTC...


{Zaara} "Acira" in nude

And I couldn't talk about CFC without spotlighting THE shoe of the event...SLink's "Ariadne."
The first time I saw these boots I knew they were special. SLink is one of the most prolific shoe brands in SL; the work of Siddean Munro never ceases to amaze me. She gets it right EVERY time.


SLink's "Ariadne" Boots


Hair from LeLutka, Glasses from Epoque, Earrings from MANDALA, Vest from Glam Affair


Cuff from MANDALA, Bracelet from Stiletto Moody, Clutch from .::Fabulous::., Leggings from +plus

Don't miss The Call For Couture Festival...

No comments:

Post a Comment