Saturday, November 13, 2010

SEXY...

"SEXY, baby SEXY
You know I've just got to be SEXY
Cause all over the world that we live
Everybody wants a little SEXY thang
I just want to be what you want me to be...
And yes, I can take a little pain
I'm not your typical American girl
I'm gonna take this sex appeal
And reveal it to the sex starved world
I know they are just hungry for me..."

"SEXY" by Klymaxx
The "Shattered" Ensemble by {Meghindo's}

Let's talk about POWERHOUSES. And by powerhouses I mean brands that continuously produce high-quality, show stopping, jaw dropping pieces, items and ensembles-time after time. If you're living under a rock and have never heard of {Meghindo's} then I encourage you to climb out from under it and join us in 2010. Meg's designs are always SEXY, yet sophisticated and polished. If I could pay her a flat fee every month and have her newest releases sent to me (sight unseen), I'd gladly do it.  She NEVER disappoints in the quality of her work, her knowledge of real life designers, her creativity, and maybe most importantly-her KINDNESS. She's very sweet and generous; she's gifted me with her work in the past. However it's my belief that even designers on your friends list have to make a LIVING, so I will ALWAYS pay for her work, even if she gifts me with it too. If there's a problem with anything she'll fix it right away. And if she's in her shop while you're there, if you want to see something on before you purchase it, she'll gladly try it on for you. I'm sure we've all encountered designers that aren't so friendly and approachable; Meg's personality and willingness to provide the best possible shopping experience to us is like a breath of fresh air. Visit {Meghindo's} HERE, it's truly the epitome of SEXY...

I wore these gold earrings from the photo while out shopping with a friend yesterday morning, and within an hour I was literally stopped 4 times with inquiries about the designer. Well they're from [glow] Studio, and they are PERFECTION. The attention to detail Linka pays to her jewelry never ceases to amaze me. She makes pieces that are timeless yet always fashion-forward. [glow] Studio is definitely another POWERHOUSE that doesn't get the attention it deserves. Sunglasses. Earrings. Necklaces. Bracelets. Hats. Purses. Gloves. Clothes. Poses. Makeup. Lashes. Did I miss anything? Probably, but you get the point. It is THE accessory house of SL in my opinion, and their work with "The Dressing Room" projects is remarkable as well. Visit [glow] studio HERE

Skin: CHARLENE by Tairo Parkin of CHANGING FACEZ & SaVy SKINS
Shape: CUSTOM by SaVoy Nightfire of SaVy SHAPES (coming soon 2011)
Lipstick: 2.0 Pink2 by L.Fauna
Hair 1: XXX777 in blonde by BOON
Hair 2: RUMI51 hairpiece in blonde by BOON( HEAVILY mod'd)
Dress, Boots, & Clutch: "Shattered" by {Meghindo's} (How HOT have Meg's BOOTS been lately?)
Earrings: Bitterness II by [glow] studio
Scarf: From the "Cosmo Cavier" ensemble by Frozen Turquoise Valentine (Hey Valentina: WHERE'S YOUR NEW STUFF I'M ITCHING FOR NEW RELEASES lol :)
Tights: Black Glitter by GC*(Gigi Couture)
Gloves: Wool Top in GreyPlum by LeeZu*
Nails: MANDALA


And while we're on the subject of POWERHOUSES, am I the only one that's noticed how EXQUISITE the hair by Amutey DeCuir of Bliss Couture is? Already a powerhouse in gowns, bridal, accessories and casual wear, she has solidified herself as THE premiere spot for all things updo in second life. Mhm I said it. She's absolutely KILLING the game with her hair. It's always elegant and refined, but there's a twist of contemporary edge to it that makes it unlike anything I've ever seen before. The hair I'm wearing is called "Anne" and it's one of (if not THE) most well made formal hairstyles I've ever owned. Visit Bliss Couture Hair HERE...you can thank me later.

And to round out this POWERHOUSE post, let's talk about the beautiful Launa Fauna of L.Fauna. So many ladies have SWORN by her skin for a long time now; always highly detailed and unique, it's the type of skin you won't ever want to take off. It's no secret that my husband Tairo is my primary skin provider (thank you baby ;) but I've recently become OBSESSED with Launa's lipsticks. The textures are so realistic and the colors are glossy (but not TOO glossy-not 'I just finished eating fried chicken' glossy.) She makes damn near an entire rainbow of shades, I'm in love with them all especially the 'Black' I'm wearing here. And most of all, they're REASONABLY PRICED: about 25L per color or 60L for a set of 3. Thanks Launa for doing what you do. Visit her store, L.Fauna HERE.

Do you LOVE this dress as much as I do? Well it's {Meghindo's} and it's FREE...
Just join her in-world group, teleport to the shop,and it's yours baby...what are you waiting for?
Visit {Meghindo's] HERE
Skin & Shape: See ABOVE CREDITS
Lipstick: 2.0 Black by L.Fauna
Hair: "Anne" by !*Bliss Hair*!
Earrings: Mania by [glow] studio
Dress: Fashion Show Official Dress by {Meghindo's}
Gloves: From the "Italian Black Ensemble" by VINTAGE p.c (Paper Couture)
Necklace: Multi-Strand I Dream of India by VINTAGE p.c (Paper Couture)
Bracelet: BRY in gold by -RYCA-

Ladies: ALWAYS stay MATERIAL,
<3, SaV.





2 comments: