Sunday, January 23, 2011

For Real...

"I can't smile
Can't sleep like a child
Can't feel safe in this wide world without you
I can't go
Can't disturb this flow
Can't begin to know what I would do
I can't see
Can't find strength to be
Rather not be me without you
I can't deal
I can't even feel
Without you: I'm not real...
I can live
I can love
I can be better with you
For real..."

                      

Don't you just LOVE that feeling you get when you fall instantly in lust with a new piece? That's precisely what happened for me in regards to this haori by Tomo Wachter. A haori is a garment traditionally worn to protect a kimono, and I've worn them as jackets pretty much all of my life. My Mom would always bring back haori's, kimono's, and happy coats when she'd travel to Asia, and I have an affinity for them all. This particular one is impecabbly constructed, beautifully textured, REALISTIC PERFECTION; and I knew I had to have it the moment it rezzed. It's available in 3 other prints, but this muted shade really was the standout for me. Tomoto is full of Asian-inspired garments, and is definitely worth the teleport if you dig killer multi-cultural pieces as much as I do. This is one of those looks that really feels like me; elements of TRADITIONAL fused with a few items a little less mainstream...
Haori: Haori Calme by Tomoto
Jumper: Ebony Coverall in Pearl by >IMANI<
Scarf: Neck Warmer by Tram
Tights: Stripes by Shampooo
Shoes: Baby T's in Black by Pixel Mode
Skin: SaVy by Tairo Parkin of CHANGING FACEZ & SaVy SKINS
Shape: Custom by SaVoyNightfire Dash of SaVy SHAPES (coming soon)
Hair: Grappa Pieva in Red by LoQ
Mask: ChainMask by NALA&K_gs
Earrings: Black Lace Earrings by [glow] Studio
Mood: "For Real" by Amel Larrieux (One of the most BEAUTIFUL voices on the planet...)

<3, SaV.

  Note: I NEVER edit garments in post-processing...what you see is ALWAYS what you will get...

4 comments:

  1. Your style and blog are just beyond cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful styling as usual dear.
    The haori is lovely, I'm checking out Tomoto right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miranda=) I always appreciate your comments; yes the haori is a stunning piece, Tomoto is really fantastic.

    ReplyDelete