Saturday, March 12, 2011

Signed Sincerely...

"I'll never be picture perfect Beyonce'
Fly like J.Lo
Or singin' 'Baby' like Shanti'
I barely comb my hair
Yeah that's on a good day
I don't care what the hood say...
I aint' street like Keyshia
Aint never tried to be
And I got soul in my soul
But not quite like Mary
Aint' nothin' really R&B about me
And I said bump what the hood say...
I'm sorry I aint' in the Benz's in my videos
I'm sorry I aint' even really tryin' to match my clothes
I can tell you paid a figure for McQueen digs
But I can also tell you who the king dealer is
And I got knowledge if you really wanna talk about it
No I don't dress the part just to walk around it
So I'm writing this letter to the industry
It says 'F*CK YOU' signed: Sincerely ME
Aww damn...here we go again
Solo SaVy can you tone it down?
Be more like them?
But everything I'm NOT
Makes me everything I AM..."

                       
 
"Fashion For Life" started today, and as soon as the Bourke White sim opened I BOLTED to the Willow booth. Weezy Warwillow is one of my favorite content creators, and I always look forward to new and exclusive pieces from her. I grabbed this SUPERBLY constructed wrap dress and her EXQUISITE beaded cardigan (which I'll be showing you in a near-future post.) I love how highly detailed and REAL her garments look. If the RL fashion brands 'Laura Ashley' and 'The Gap' merged and brought a brand to SL, they would offer the design aesthetic of Willow. Weezy is another of those KEY designers that isn't trying to get rich selling her work; it's clear that she LOVES what she does, and it's more and more obvious with every piece she constructs. The hair I'm wearing is from [kik], and in the hour or so I wore it around FFL I was asked about it 3 separate times. It's quite lovely, just what I needed to showcase my new KILLER headpiece from NHA!, a newer shop boasting SUERIOR accessories and jewelry. And in closing, let me take the opportunity to thank riri bazar and lisbeth gummibaum @ 'HATE ME AND EAT ME' for offering and sending me TONS of makeup and poses. All poses in this post are their work and I'm ETERNALLY grateful for their recognition, generousity and LOVE. It makes me feel so good to know that my often "left field" stylings are appreciated, and that it's still chic to be an INDIVIDUAL...
Skin: SAVY2 by Tairo Parkin of CHANGING FACEZ & SaVy SKINS
(UNRELEASED...COMING SOON!!!)
Shape: Custom by SaVoyNightfire Dash of SaVy SHAPES (coming this Spring!!!)
Lipstick: Frosted by Tuli (New!)
Hair&Eyelash: Atmos D in Platinum by [kik]
Headpiece: Samira by NHA! (New!)
Dress: Wrap Dress in Blue Silver by Willow (Fashion For Life!)
Sweater: Knitt Don Sweater in Green by Wasted Youth
Leggings: Stripes Leggings in Navy Blue by Tee*fy
Socks: Basic Mid-Calf Socks in Eggplant by -LaViere- (New!)
Gloves: Leather Gloves in Cocoa by (5th&Oxford)
Belt: V-Shaped Belt in Brown by *COCO*
Necklace: Volume in White by .+*AA*+.
Earrings: Oversized Scale by Wasted Youth
Bangles: PATI in Woody by Glamorize
Bracelet: SINRA in Zebra Black by MANDALA
Shoes: Baby T's in Silver by [PM] (Fashion For Life!)
Mood: "Signed Sincerely" (F*ck The Industry) by Solange Knowles
"...and I been feelin' lately like I can't help it
big up haters, if you don't like it
I didn't make it for you ooh oooh...
I'm not apologetic, if you don't like it
it's probably cause you don't get it..."

Ladies: ALWAYS stay MATERIAL,
<3, SaV.

  Note: I NEVER edit garments in post-processing...what you see is ALWAYS what you will get...




6 comments:

  1. Nice post! Running to get that hair right now :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everytime I check your blog you are doing outfits that are creative and different than everybody else's. You put together stuff from places I never even heard of before. Your blogs me and my friend's style bible lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your style and photos are 2 cool 4 school. Love your tastes in music 2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Astrid=) Everything @ kik is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer=) Thanks for your kind words, you don't know how much I appreciate them...I try and give shine to places that are a little less known whenever I can. Who wants to teleport into someplace and be wearing the same things as EVERYBODY else?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Ms. Galli=) Music and fashion are really important to me, glad you're enjoying the blog=)

    ReplyDelete