Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Starstruck...

"Do it again
And I'll see you tomorrow
I want to get it
You've got something to borrow
Can't make it feel right on my own
That's when I turn you on again
I buy it but it don't measure up
What is the missed ingredient?
I, I see you fade
I, I see you fade away...
We all find you easy
So amuse us
Don't get too heady
You might abuse luck
You're STARSTRUCK..."

                       

It's a rarity for me to wear an ensemble the way a designer presents it. It's my humble opinion that as a fashion blogger, I have somewhat of a responsibility to showcase not only items available for purchase here in SL, but also unique and original ways of pairing pieces together. That being said, excuse the hipocracy of today's posting...because every once and awhile, I am ASSAULTED by the beauty of a content creator's work and I can't bring myself to alter it. This design by the POWERHOUSE duo Vitabela Dubrovna and Precious Restless for Vita's Boudoir is truly remarkable. I love vivid textures, colors and prints; ones that make you want to run your hands up and down the garment. The shoulder pads and tentacles give it a futuristic and edgy vibe, while the bodysuit itself is sexy and vibrant. With a MASTERPIECE like this, you have to keep the rest simple. And while this mohawk hairstyle is simple in theory, the work behind it is exquisite and the best in this style I've seen in all my days. Neveah Niu for ICONIC Couture Hair never disappoints when I'm in need of an upper echelon coiffure that stands out from the rest. This hair is supposed to include a shaved hairbase, however mine wasn't inside the folder and Miss Niu wasn't online last night (o.o). I'll wear it once again in a future post to show it off in all it's glory. And no, this isn't a "ready to wear" ensemble that you'll go shopping and have coffee with your girlfriends in, but it's DEFINITELY an avant garde look for when you're feeling particularly badass; and one your significant other might enjoy peeling off of you...
Skin: Jadis by -Glam Affair-
Shape: Custom by SaVoyNightfire Dash of SaVy SHAPES (Coming This Spring...)
Hair: a'DIOR-fiyah (Blood) by Neveah Niu of ICONIC Couture Hair
Hairbase: "Red" by LoQ Hairs
Ensemble: Kiss My Asp by Vita's Boudoir
Earrings: The DEM-DOE Earrings by [[SHADE THRONE]]
Nails: CLAW Nails by **DIRAM**
Gloves(Tattoos): La Mano in Black by La Malvada Mujer
Mood: "Starstruck" By Santogold (Love her and this song so much...she goes HARD...)

Ladies: ALWAYS stay MATERIAL,
<3, SaV.

  Note: I NEVER edit garments in post-processing...what you see is ALWAYS what you will get...

4 comments:

  1. Divaa!!!You look fierce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You stole my heart all over again with this outfit and the Santigold music <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jen=) Santogold is one of my favs...she doesn't get the attention she deserves does she?

    ReplyDelete