Sunday, March 20, 2011

Fashion...**UNITED** The ULTIMATE Style Card Event...

"I am
I'm too fab-u-lous
I'm so
Fierce that it's so nuts
I live
To be model thin
Dress me
I'm your mann-e-quin
J'Adore, Vivienne
Habillez-moi
Gucci, Fendi
Et Prada
Valentino
Armani too
Merde I love them
Jimmy Choo
Fashion, put it all on me
Don't you wanna see these clothes on me?
Fashion, put it all on me
I am anyone you want me to be..."

                       

Prissy Price; producer, entrepreneur (and shopaholic fashionista amongst other things) has proposed a challenge of sorts to the ENTIRE Second Life fashion community: If designers can come together on a STYLE CARD, why can't they come together on a LIVING model in a fashion show? Exchange their creations and concepts with other content creators to build one fabulous look? Well if the initial response is any indication, the answer is a resounding YES THEY CAN! I am HONORED to be an OFFICIAL BLOGGER and consultant for this ground-breaking event, the likes of which our SL grid has never seen. Apparel, shoe, accessory, hair, pose, skin and shape designers collaborating with the industry's TOP models and entertainers to put on an EPIC series of shows spanning July 8-10, 2011. And perhaps the BEST part is that ALL clothing from the event will be on sale in the "UNITED" store, and ALL proceeds will go directly to 'Relay For Life.' There will be FASHION. There will be MUSIC AND LIVE ENTERTAINMENT. There will be FIERCE COMPETITION. INTRIGUED yet...?
This project excites me the most because my passion is truly styling and pairing. The thought of AMAZING designers collaborating on a cohesive vision really speaks to me. So as I keep you posted on the progress of the **UNITED** event, I'll highlight some of the participating designers with looks I've put together in honor of their GENIUS. I think you all know by now that I LOVE a fabulous monotone look. And this particular look all began with Ranena Olivier's PERFECT black cocktail dress. If you've never visited *[ROC]* it's high time you made the trip. She does gowns, urban casual, shoes, and everything in between. The collar is from an ensemble by Simone Udimo of Java Fashion Designs. She has a store FILLED with ridiculously affordably priced pieces and ensembles that will make you look twice at the price tag. The shoes are from Zinnbrick, designed by Monique Zinnemann. I'm a sucker for a well-made animal print and the color hud was surprisingly easy to use. The skin is by my husband Tairo Parkin for CHANGING FACEZ & SaVy SKINS, and I think we all know how I feel about him...=) And last but by no means least, the jewels are from Jewelry By Zuri, the pantyhose are from Sonatta Morales, the belt's +plus and the hair is by the ICONIC one: Neveah Niu for ICONIC Hair Couture. Neveah has just released several new styles that are definite head turners, and I'll be showing them all in my next post. I'm excited that her talent will get even more focus than it already has received; she is truly one of the most talented hair designers in game...
Skin: CHARLENE by CHANGING FACEZ & SaVy SKINS (**UNITED** DESIGNER)
Shape: Custom by SaVoyNightfire Dash of SaVy SHAPES (coming this spring)
Hair: LaRica in Jet by ICONIC Hair Couture (**UNITED**DESIGNER)
Dress: Zoewie in Black by *[ROC]* (Ranena Olivier Couture) (**UNITED**DESIGNER)
Collar: From the Windmere Joyce Ensemble by Java Fashion Designs (**UNITED**DESIGNER)
Gloves: Leather Day Gloves by Sonatta Morales (**UNITED** DESIGNER)
Pantyhose: Flapper Silk Stockings by Sonatta Morales
Choker: (Shown Below) Quartz Choker by Sonatta Morales
Shoes: Eleg Africa Mia Heels in Giraffe by Zinnbrick (**UNITED**DESIGNER)
Belt: Adorable Snake Belt in Black by +plus
Earrings: Summer Song Leaf Earrings by Zuri's (**UNITED**DESIGNER)
Bracelets: Two Of A Kind Diamond Bracelets by Zuri's
Mood: "Fashion" by Lady Gaga: 2009
*ALL poses by Morgane Batista (**UNITED**DESIGNER)
*Special thanks to Neveah and Simone for REVIEW COPIES*
It's not too late to be a part of one of the BIGGEST fashion events of the summer: Contact Prissy Price, Starlett Nightfire, Bobby Capra, MrLuv Andel, or myself-SaVoyNightfire Dash in-world and let us know that YOU WANT TO BE **UNITED**. Don't miss out on HISTORY IN THE MAKING...

Ladies: ALWAYS stay MATERIAL,
<3, SaV.

  Note: I NEVER edit garments in post-processing...what you see is ALWAYS what you will get...



4 comments:

  1. Love the look! Great styling as usual. The event sounds fun I can't wait!! Do you need models?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post <3
    You look so beautiful wearing that skin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Jen=)Starlett Nightfire is our point person with models for the event. Hit her up in-world, she's very sweet=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Lo. =) CHARLENE is one of my favorite skins by my hubby =)

    ReplyDelete