Monday, December 13, 2010

Femme Fatale...

"You're written in her book
You're number 37...have a look
She's going to smile to make you frown...what a clown
Little boy she's from the street
Before you start you're already beat
She's gonna play you for a fool...yes it's true...
Cause everybody knows (She's a femme fatale)
The things she does to please (She's a femme fatale)
She's just a little tease (She's a femme fatale)
See the way she walks?
Hear the way she talks?"

"Femme Fatale" by Velvet Underground

When I think of Pop Art my mind immediately goes to Andy Warhol. And anytime I think of Warhol, I have to think about VELVET UNDERGROUND. See Mr. Warhol was the manager of the band, and to say that their music was inspirational to the Pop Art Movement would be the understatement of a lifetime. I'd been ANXIOUSLY WAITING for the opening of the MODAVIA POP ART SHOW since I first heard about it last week. Some of my absolute FAVORITE DESIGNERS are a part of it, and I wasted no time this morning grabbing up my favorites pieces. If you haven't made time to slide through there, I recommend that you do-especially if you're an "art nerd" like myself. And hey even if you aren't into art-the clothes and the installation are KILLER...
Visit the MODAVIA POP ART SHOW HERE...

"Wild Pop Lady" by Maylee Oh of The Secret Store...This.Cape.Is.SICK.
(Thank you Maylee for being so kind and generous to me...I appreciate you and your work)
Gloves: From The Diplomat Ensemble by {Meghindo's}(Thank you Meg!)
Hair: OKAPPA by *BP
"Kiss Me Pop Art" by Inex Hax of Peqe (rebranded-formerly FUME)
Hair: Royden's Romp in Black by ..Maryls..
Earrings: Diamond Studs from JCNY
"Nu Fitz" by Micah Kanto of MODERN GYPSY
(Micah you KILLED THIS. Resurrected it. Then killed it AGAIN...)
Hair: Ring in Platinum by *gl* (Glitter Hair)
Earrings: Pearl Earrings by Paper Couture
All Skin by CHANGING FACEZ & SaVy SKINS, Shape by SaVy SHAPES, Lips by L.Fauna

Ladies: ALWAYS stay MATERIAL,
<3, SaV.

  Note: I NEVER edit garments in post-processing...what you see is ALWAYS what you will get...

8 comments:

  1. Awesome post girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely high fashion shots-very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was never a fan of blogs, but now I am soo addicted!! I have bookmarked your page and I read and re read each blog at least twice a day now. Ty and keep up the excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok Voy I'm starting to think u could make a trash bag look good smh READ YOUR EMAILS!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GeneVieve thank you...I'm not a trained photographer so I appreciate your praise lol=)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tierra=) Thank you for your kind words...I'm happy you're digging the blog so far...hope the rest of your day is good=)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A trash bag Xi? Hmmm...maybe if I belted it or something...LMAO...I'm checking that email account now-sorry finals have me scattered brained =/

    ReplyDelete