Monday, December 20, 2010

Fix You...

"When you try your best
But you don't succeed,
When you get what you want
But not what you need,
When you feel so tired
But you just can't sleep,
Stuck in reverse...
And high up above
Or down below,
When you're too in love
To just let it go,
If you never try
You'll never know,
Just what you're worth...
Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try...to fix you..."

"Fix You" by Coldplay
I always love shopping for new things, but there's something that feels so damn good about the CLASSIC PIECES in my wardrobe. Some items bring back memories; some make me feel warm and fuzzy; some just feel like HOME. I wore this PASHMINA SHAWL from ZAARA on my first date with my husband Tairo. It always transports me back to the time when he and I were first falling in love. Over two years old, and it's still texturely beautiful and relevant. The bag is VINTAGE and was a gift from my dear friend Alexand Vantelli. One of the most talented and stylish individuals I've ever had the pleasure of knowing; Alex is a POWERHOUSE that I'm hoping will join me for a blog post in the near future. The ring is from LaGyo and over time has become one of my signature pieces. I wear it in both gold and silver every chance I get because it reminds me of a real-life ring my late Grandmother passed down to me before she died. Last year I had a break-in and the ring was stolen, but every time I glance at this pixel version I'm reminded of her spirit and how ELEGANT AND TIMELESS she was. Lastly, the umbrella is super-old from Trilogy. It's so well made and is built with poses and animations that I just adore. My MOM collects umbrellas in rl and I have so many memories of my sister and I twirling them when we were little...
Skin: Jadis Clean by -Glam Affair-
Shape: Custom by SaVy SHAPES (coming soon)
Hat/Hair: Sugarless in Pale by !lamb.
Dress: Kendall Leoness by Peqe (Thanks Inex=)
Scarf: Pashmina Shawl in *almost black* by Zaara
Shoulder Bag: Sac PLat in Ebony by Alexand Vantelli (Thanks Alex=)
Belt: VLIET maroon by R.ICIELLI
Tights: Striped Tights in Black by Shampooo
Socks: Arva in Black by Tee*fy
Gloves: Diva Black Satin Gloves by ~Blacklace~
Boots: Basic Ankle Boots in Black Patent by Mentine
Bracelet: #301 in Black and Zebra by *kraftika
Bracelet: MC Bangle in Gold by [ICoN]
Ring: Be Careful in Gold by LaGyo
Umbrella: Umbrella in Black by Trilogy (unsure of availability)
Ladies: ALWAYS stay MATERIAL,
<3, SaV.

  Note: I NEVER edit garments in post-processing...what you see is ALWAYS what you will get...

4 comments:

  1. Great styling SaVoy. I like that you aren't afraid to mix patterns and prints. Lovely as usual dear <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that song too lol you look great in the glams skin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Miranda! I think it gives a look so much depth when there are multiple prints; there's no wrong way to mix them as long as you love what you're wearing=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks pixie=) The Jadis skin is my favorite of the moment, and it takes me ALOT to get me out of Tairo's work LOL.

    ReplyDelete